Re: Instability Issue in Fedora Core 5

It was more stable in fc4. The system is Asus P4R800-V Deluxe
Motherboard with P4 3.00GHz CPU hyperthreading. 1GB ram. I noticed that
in fc4 the hyperthreading made it unstable, so I disabled the
hyperthreading function; however, it does not help in fc5. It keeps
crashing. I can count 20 times a day. Before the new patch
2.6.16-1_2080smp, it was fine, but after the patch, it is totally
different. the kernel now even with 2054smp is unstable. I am still
wondering if wine or httpd cause the problem. Now it is like every
30-45 minutes, I have to do a hard reset.