Re: Instability Issue in Fedora Core 5

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Sam Chen wrote:

Since I started to use Fedora Core 5, I noticed that Fedora Core is not
as stable as previous version, especially after upgrading to 2080smp
kernel. I use the system as web server, ftp server, samba file sharing
server, and media center.

What is the hardware is this case?

It was previosly stable with fc4?

joelja

The system has crashed many times. The
crashes randomized as when I was simply surfing website, or when I was
using nautilus to surf my files, the screen went black and log me out
to the gdmgreeter screen. Or the system can simply crashes down when I
try to restart several services, such as httpd. However, my laptop also
uses fedora core 5, and I did not see any instability issues. Is it
possible that the server services cause the problem? I would like to
report the log, but I do not know which file to look at at the present
time.