Macromedia Flash Player plugins for Firefox

Hi!!!

Since I started to surf over the Internet, I've been asked for
installing the missing plug-in (flashplayer) for "firefox". I made an
auto installation and rebooted my browser but nothing changed I still
see a green puzzle picture.... So I've made some manual install, as it
was told on a "read-me" file I put those two files into
".mozilla/plugins" directory... but still nothing the same "greeny"...
so I kept going this way and put the two files of "flash player" at all
the related "mozilla" folders but still got no result.

Any ideas? What can be a reason for such a strange behavior of
browser? :)

Thanks in advance.

Ivan.