TT Fonts in OO

Hi All,

I seem to be having some difficulty in getting a TrueType font to work in
OO.  Setup: FC4, OO2, fully updated.  Font: jeru.ttf from www.myfonts.com

I downloaded the font and made it available for the Gimp.  No problem.
Then a used spadmin to tell OO about it - apparently no problem either.
However, when selecting it in a document, the type comes out in what
looks like  non-serif, bold font and certainly not the fancy characters
of the font.

How do I get the font to actually display its font characters ?

Jonathan