Problem upgrading to fc5 on an acer travelmate 290 laptop

Title: Message
Hello

I have currently got fc4 and windows xp working successfully on my acer travelmate 290 laptop, but want to upgrade to fc5.  However, when I boot from the cd, it says that there's an unknown option in config file, and then when I press enter to launch the installer, it says "Cannot find kernel image: linux".

Has anyone come across this error before, and if so, what do I do about it?  I had no such problems when installing fc4.

Many thanks

Alastair Irving
e-mail (and MSN): alastairirving19@xxxxxxxxxxx