To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 7:44 PM
Subject: Re: Need help with my "boot proccess"(FC5),AcerTravelMate4602WLMifreezes

all of those things introduce a variable that I probably can't account
for but why not use Windows to download and copy the pcmciautils rpm
file onto the disk and put onto any/all of them (at the root level, not
inside any folder).

all of the commands that you need to type are inside single quotes ' -
do not type the quotes...

To boot into rescue mode...

Stick in CD#1 and start up the laptop.

type 'linux rescue' at the boot prompt

follow the instructions which will have you do something like this...

'chroot /mnt/sysimage'

at this point, you are running your install of linux.

Attach the USB compact flash or your mp3 player.

'tail /var/log/messages' to see what device is assigned the the device
you just attached (something like /dev/sda will likely be assigned - if
it's different i.e. /dev/sdb then you will have to adjust the following
instructions)

mkdir /mnt/usbdisk

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbdisk

rpm -Uvh /mnt/usbdisk pcmciautils*

(you can verify the file on your usbdisk with
'ls -l /mnt/usbdisk/pcmciautils*' )

'exit'
'exit'

It should be installed and hopefully a reboot will work

Craig