Re: Need help with my "boot proccess"(FC5), Acer TravelMate4602WLMi freezes

On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 18:43 +0200, bravo wrote:
>     Would you please explain a little bit more about all this topic, 'cause
> I'm completely new to all the linux stuff and it's staying difficult to me
> to face such kind of problem, what exactly do I need to do?
>      I've read some comments from the link you gave me,there is some useful
> info at comments #4 and #5 (they were also talking about doing some changes
> with fedora "Rescue" CD, I didn't download this one I have only five CD's of
> FC5, may I use only the first one? like in Grub Bootloader restoring case,
> when you just type "linux rescue" command)  but due to my newbiness to all
> this I don't know what to do, how edit and change those settings. So  if you
> don't mind please help me.

You can use CD#1 as a rescue CD; after booting it, when you get the
"Boot:" prompt, enter "linux rescue" and press return. You'll get to the
point where it gives you a shell to type commands in. If you type
"chroot /mnt/sysimage", you'll be in your system as if it had booted
fairly normally in text mode. You can then install the fixed pcmciautils
(yum update pcmciautils should do it).

> One more thing, what do the "PCI: Cannot allocate resourse region 7 of
> bridge 0000:00:1c.0" lines talking about? Is this relates to my problem or
> not?

Don't know; let's fix the first problem and then worry about this if
it's still there.

Paul.