Re: FC5 network installation?

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 02:12 -0500, Peter Horst wrote:
> I'm trying to install FC5 on a computer without a working floppy or
> cd-rom. This computer is currently running Debian stable, and is on a
> tiny little network with my WinXP laptop.  Someone on IRC was trying to
> explain how I can use Grub to do a network installation, but I'm not
> getting it. Does this involve installing some kind of PXE server on my
> other computer?  Is it possible to point Grub to a disk image on the
> same computer on which I'm trying to install the new OS? And if so, am I
> using an ISO image, or rather a set of unpacked files (kernel image,
> etc.)?  Thanks, hope this question rings a bell for someone.

One way is the full network boot using PXE, which I think is described
in the FC5 Installation Guide.
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/fc5/

Another way is to boot the installer from the hard disk using an
existing Linux installation:
http://www.city-fan.org/tips/BootInstallerFromHardDisk

Paul.