Re: Need help with my "boot proccess"(FC5), AcerTravelMate4602WLMi freezes

Ok so for now I'll just wait for your manual with a lot of patience. ^_^ And after that I hope you'll give me some detailed explanations about all this topic called Linux Rescue Mode.

Ivan.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven P. Ulrick" <lists-fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 11:18 PM
Subject: Re: Need help with my "boot proccess"(FC5), AcerTravelMate4602WLMi freezes

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 21:30:07 +0200
"bravo" <bravobravo434@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You can then install the fixed pcmciautils
 (yum update pcmciautils should do it).

I've read about this rpm and even saw the ftp site. You'll maybe want
to kill me... But how can I install it with yum? I must to be connect
to the internet or what? Cause I haven't made any of my network
connections yet. Or I just can download this rpm in WIN XP and then
burn it on a CD and install it? Arghhhh I'm such a lame, I'm felling
such shame cause all this. Couldn't you just write some step by step
explanation? I didn't work in rescue mode before but I want to learn
about it, I've looked over the NET to find some topics about but it
was useless, so if you have some link to give me, it will be
helpful!!! But still I need some explanation about the installation
of this rpm package.

Ivan.

Hello, Ivan
Right now I need to take a nap.  But if no one else has written you any
detailed instructions on how to install the fixed pcmciautils RPM while
in Linux Rescue mode, I will try to help you later.

Steven P. Ulrick