RE: dual booting XP and Linux

From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stephen Esquibel
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 2:20 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: dual booting XP and Linux

I have Win XP (primary HD) and FC5 (slave).  I unplugged the hda (windows) and installed linux with Grub bootloader on hdb (grub in the MBR - as default)  I then re-plugged the windows hd into the machine, and changed my bios to boot from CD, HDB, in that order.  that way XP never has a chance to overwrite the grub on hda.

The grub then gives me the option of booting to XP or FC5.

Hope this helps.

So did you change the grub.conf file to recognize XP on hda so that it gives you the option of dual booting?