I can't log in except with user root

I'm new to fedora but not new to linux and this one has me confused. When I either try to log into FC5 via the gui or ssh I get an error that says "Access denied for this host". I have a ldap running on another linux box and thats where I'm pulling this user from. I'm pretty sure that I have ldap setup correctly because when I run getent passwd, getent group, getent hosts, and getent shadow I see all of the users, groups, hosts that are in ldap. I don't have any user restrictions on ssh and I allowed users to log into the gui. So what have I missed?

Thanks for your time
-Andrew