dual booting XP and Linux

Fedora Core 5 and Windows XP using two Hard drives.

Have another question, I tired and tried to load Linux and XP using two different Hard Drives.  XP loaded

Correctly, and it seemed as if Linux did to. I loaded XP on the primary drive and linux on the slave drive.  I followed the instructions on Fedoras site on how to dual boot two operating systems and installed grub in the MBR on hda.  Every time I tried to boot the machine, the MBR was I guess ignored and linux never booted.  XP kept booting.  So I found a website that mentioned removing one of the harddrives, installing XP on it, then removing that harddrive and plugging in the second harddrive as master, install Linux on that one, then plug in the hard drive with XP as the slave drive.  Then booting into linux and changing the grub.conf file.

I kind of understand this but can someone give me a sample of what they mean by adding the XP drive for the dual boot option using Grub.

Thanks,