Re: FC5 Totem and DVD

On Thursday 06 April 2006 14:38, antonio montagnani wrote:
> Jeff
>
> I think that it doesn't make any sense to have :
> Xmms
> Mplayer
> Xine
> Totem
>
> installed, as here.
> Any application should play a DVD out of the box. My two cents....

Few would argue, but in reality legality matters.  You can, in fact, play a
DVD in most of those applications, providing it is non-encrypted, but the
movie industry being what it is, you don't find many of those.  Grab the
plugins from the repositories recommended to you.  I did it the easy way - I
elected to use xine from freshrpms and it offered me all the plugins I needed
to do the job.  One automatic installation with yum.

Anne