Re: ps2pdf produces wrong pdf files

On 4/5/06, Paul Smith <phhs80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/5/06, Ian Pilcher <i.pilcher@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Whenever I produce a pdf file with ps2pdf, I get a pdf file that the
> > pdf viewers cannot view it: kpdf crashes, acroread reports a drawing
> > error,...
>
> Can ghostscript render the Postscript that you're feeding to ps2pdf?

Yes, I can view the PS file correctly on GSView. Furthermore, if I use
ps2pdf on FC4 with the same PS file, I get a fine PDF file. So, the
problem is *specific* to FC5.

Paul

Not sure what happens to your ghostscript or ps file.  I generate a simple ps file using latex and dvips on FC5 and use ps2pdf to convert it to pdf.  The pdf file can be opened by adobe reader 7 on windows and xpdf on cygwin.  I'm not at my FC5 machine so cannot open it on FC5 right now.

So how do you generate your ps file?  Try ps2pdf13 or ps2pdf14 and see if there's any difference.

DS