partitioning advice for multi-boot?

Hello all,

I have a FC3 installation that I am tired of. I have two ide ATA drives, 40
and 60 gigs each. I propose to remove the 40 gig and replace it with a 250 or
300 gig SATA that I will use as my main operating drive and will use the 60
gig for data storage. I have been reading about virtualization software and
would like to be able to test this, just for my own satisfaction. I am
thinking about having three partitions for testing distros - not very big
ones, on the order of 10 gigs each. I assume I can have a common swap
partition for all running s/w. I'd anticipate having 2 or 3 gigs of PC2700
RAM. I expect to use FC5 freshly installed for most purposes.

I might want to have some MS OS in one or another of the partitions for
business purposes.

Does anyone care to offer a suggestion about how to partition the big drive to
facilitate these purposes? Is GRUB likely to be suitable?

Dave

--
"The right hand side of your brain goes 'ooh bla dee'
"And the left hand side of your brain goes, 'What does it MEAN?'"