Re: configuring scponly for users

On Wed April 5 2006 9:05 am, Ankush Grover wrote:
> Hey friends,
>
> I want to put some users in chroot jail and permitting them only sftp and
> scp commands.
>
> I downloaded scponly latest version 4.6 and added one user with its shell
> as /usr/bin/scponly.
>
> I cannot login into through user and everytime I get
>
> WinSCP: this is end-of-file:0
>
> But the problem is that when I logged into through gftp using SSH2 protocol
> the user was able to move around means he was able to go into the different
> directories like /var/ /opt etc.
>
> What is want is to restrict some users to their home directories and give
> them only scp and sftp commands ?
>
> Please help me in configuring such a scenario.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Ankush Grover
I don't have an answer, but a suggestion. I recently had some problems with
scponly after upgrading to FC5. I joined the scponly list and a very helpful
guy named kaleb helped me out. I never got too many responses here about
scponly - my impression is that it is not widely used by members of this
list.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA