Re: Installing patch for VMware Workstation 5.5 For Linux

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:

    Hello,
         I went to the site to download the patch.  Upon installing the
patch, it brought me to the installation of VMware.  This is the output
of the installation.  What can I do to correct this situation?

output:

[jeffy@jeffy ~]$ su
Password:
[...]
[root@jeffy vmware-any-any-update101]# ./runme.pl
[...]
Trying to find a suitable vmmon module for your running kernel.

None of the pre-built vmmon modules for VMware Workstation is suitable
for your
running kernel.  Do you want this program to try to build the vmmon
module for
your system (you need to have a C compiler installed on your system)?
[yes] yes

Using compiler "/usr/bin/gcc". Use environment variable CC to override.

What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
running
kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include] /usr/src/linux/include

The path "/usr/src/linux/include" is not an existing directory.

What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
running
kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include]

yum install kernel-devel

--