Re: query on SELinux

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 19:17 -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:
> Does anyone have any comments on this? I am asking this question, because
> wherenever I update SELinux or set permissions, it says something about
> permissions and exitence of /usr/local/trotter, not updating context or
> something like that.
>
> Is this something I should worry about: does it make SELinux useless for me?
>
> Many thanks amd best wishes,

Not sure exactly what it's complaining about, but try this:

# chcon -Rh -t user_home_t /usr/local/trotter
# chcon -t user_home_dir_t /usr/local/trotter

That should make the file contexts of your home directory the same as
they would be if it was under /home.

These contexts probably won't survive a relabel, if you were to do one.
The way to fix that would depend on which Fedora release you were using.

Paul.