Re: Samba: smbfs works, cifs does not

Am Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:56:44 -0700
hat Joe Barnett <joe.barnett@xxxxxxxx> (Joe Barnett) folgendes
geschrieben:

> Server config: OpenBSD 3.8 using Samba 3.0.13p0 from ports
>
> Workstation(s): FC5 and FC4
>
> For public-type directories (permissions of 0755 or 0775, for
> example) I have all the browsing capability I would expect, though I
> am still unable to write to directories to which I would otherwise
> be able to write.

Hi,
hm, here i have problems to mount my smb directories with fc5 as a
normal user with cifs. I get an error message, only root can mount here.
In the fstab line, there is a noauto,users option, but this do not work
with cifs. How do your users mount on FC 5? Or do you have the same
problem?

Thanks
 Jörn Rink