Re: Samba

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 22:13, antonio montagnani wrote:
> sorry for having started this thread...I find Samba not easy to set
> up, and iptables is running.

That may or may not cause problems - it's usually a fairly simple matter to
deal with.  Ask specifically about the necessary rules when you are ready.
There's sure to be someone around who can help.

> Now I want that any logged user (i.e. John) may see his home folders
> on others machines where he can log as John (both Linux and Windows)
> and any user can see a common folder located on a particular machine.
>
> Now I will go through documentation and see what I can find.Tnx for
> help to anybody.
> And as the day has been very long, I will revert to you tomorrow morning

It's not so difficult to do that, once you have sorted out which bits are
essential. My only advice is to keep it as simple as possible at first.  Read
the documentation you have found, and ask for amplification if you don't
understand any part of it.

Good luck

Anne