FC5 build of Firefox: long CPU spikes when opening pages

Hi all,

After using for ten days or so the Fedora build of Firefox v1.5
distributed with FC5, I've gone back to the "generic " linux version
available on the mozilla site. The former had on my system the highly
irritating habit of becoming effectively unresponsive for about twenty
seconds or so every time it opened a new page. CPU usage went to 100%
and it became impossible to scroll or switch to another tab. I finally
downloaded and installed in /opt the standard linux version and it
does not exhibit this behaviour. Anyone else seen this problem?

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam