Re: Compiling on gcc 3 in FC5

Mariano López Reta wrote:
I'm resending this because I did not see it come thru. I'm sorry if it has been double-posted.

Hello, all I need to compile a kernel module in FC5, but it has to be compiled using gcc 3 instead of 4 (I understand that in FC5, gcc 4 is the default).

If you compile a kernel module _for_ FC5, best you use the standard compiler that comes with FC5 regardless of what the documentation that comes with the module says.

Likely, those instructions need to be updated.

Using the wrong compiler may result in a module incompatible with your kernel.