Re: Installing without a CD drive

On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 15:01 -0800, Charles A. Crayne wrote:
> Because I do not have a broadband connection, I do not have iso files,
> but have acquired the CDs. How can I build isos from the CDs, so that
> I can do network installations on my other machines?

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=image.iso

NB:  if = input file (specify your CD/DVD-ROM device)
     of = output file (specify the filename you want to use)

You could also copy the directory tree structure of each disc into one
big tree, and do network installs that way.  I get quite quick results
using my webserver for network installs.

I read messages from the public lists.