Should'nt Yum report no space left on device ?

I have just been installing few of the RPMs using yum to my already
installed FC5 system, while that /usr went hundred 100% of which I was
unware about.

I've been running yumex and then yum again to ensure what is going
wrong at that and why I don't have the packages installed finally.

Till the time I made out that disk is full, yum would download the
packages, will show the install progress completing as normal, but in
the end none of the subjected packages have any trace on the system or
even rpmdb.

Some one will like to test the same and file a report on bugzilla or
else I'll try to do it at my ease (I am traveling) {yum-2.6.0-1}

Cheers,
Kevin