Re: Change behavior of DVD mounts

On 4/1/06, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you insert
> cd/dvd it should mount to /media/volumename.

Oddly, it doesn't.  I have a home video dvd that, when inserted, shows
up on my KDE desktop by its volume name, but it doesn't show up in
/media.  The only thing in /media is the mount point directory
(cdrecorder) that I added a few days ago.

> If you mount it manually, then yes you can mount to
> /media/cdrom, /media/cdrecorder.  There will be
> several cd's/dvd's that will not automount by
> themselves, and you might just have to mount them
> manually.

Thanks for your insight.  I appreciate it.  Register my vote for the
FC4 way of doing it.  Wine and its ilk need a fixed mount point.  The
new method of mounting by volname forces me to manually create a
doubly mounted volume in order to make Wine-based DVD tools work.

Jay