Man page oddity

Something I've never seen before -

If a man page is long and I need to study it, I print it out from Konqueror
(kio slave) which gives a nicely formatted, easy-to-read output.  Today I
tried to print out two man pages.  One, amanda.conf, prints perfectly, but
the other one, amanda, prints nothing other than the header line.  Nothing
seems to make any difference to it.

I've got by using copy/past and printed out, so it's not a show-stopper.  I
just wondered if anyone has seen this sort of thing before?

Anne