Re: Brave soul upgraded with yum... udev and missing default font woes

Paul Howarth wrote:

> Rickey Moore wrote:
>> Well, after numerous starts and fits it mostly got installed. I can
>> manage an emergency terminal in X, but that's it. X complains of a
>> missing default font.
>
> Is xfs running?
>
> Paul.

I haven't seen the earlier part of the thread,
but I "yum-upgraded" a laptop to FC5 a couple of days ago,
and X did not work because /etc/X11/xorg.conf
contained explicit FontPath's.
When I changed them to
        FontPath     "unix/:7100"
as on machines where I had installed FC5 cleanly
X ran fine.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366