Re: Sharing Thunderbird Mails Between Linux and Windows

Dan wrote:

I used to do this also, but have since just put them on my linux partition because 1. I rarely use windows on this machine anymore, 2. I hate FAT32, and 3. Thunderbird would have to rebuild summaries or something every time I opened a folder for the first time (including on startup). If I was to still share it, though, I would do what I'm now doing on my desktop: make the FAT32 partition into an ext2 partition, and get the driver for windows at http://www.fs-driver.org . Excellent, easy to use, minimal problems, and I don't think you'd have any of the issues of FAT32's suckiness. ;) You could also make it ext3, but either way Windows would use it as an ext2 (w/o journaling for filesystem stability).
-Dan

Thanks, I didnt know about this driver. Will check it out. I hope it wont create a mess on the partition.