Re: FC5 - Upgrading failure if dual boot

antonio montagnani wrote:
2006/3/28, Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
antonio montagnani wrote:
2006/3/28, Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 06:02 +0200, antonio montagnani wrote:
2006/3/28, David Timms <dtimms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
antonio montagnani wrote:
I tried to upgrade one of my servers from FC4 to FC5, that is a dual
boot machine with Windows 2000.
I had a set of CD that passed mediacheck on two other machines so I
decided not to carry out a mediacheck on this server.At CD nr.4
upgrade stopped and machine was rebooted.
In the meantime I burnt a new CD that passed mediacheck, so I
re-started upgrading.
But when I re-booted the machine the Fedora entry was missing from my
Grub menu and only Windows 2000 was available!!! I re-started the
installing procedure (it was very fast) and I told to anaconda to
modify grup but again I found only Windows2000 entry.
I managed to mount the system with rescue disk, but how I read and
modify the grub.conf when I am in the shell???

What is happening???
I don't know. Did you get to the end of the installation the second time ?

yes, I got to the end of installation.
Is any way to install/modify grub options by installation CD??
Boot the rescue CD, "chroot /mnt/sysimage", "vi /etc/grub.conf"

Paul.

i succeeded to start FC5 by Grub hand instructions, but when I log in
I get the following message (sorry for the bad translation):

Session lasted less than 10 seconds.If logout was not explicitely
requested, maybe that some problems occurred during installation or
disk full.Try to use an emergency session to try to recover the
problem.

/.xsession-errors

/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your sessionwith wtmp and utmp
/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: running /usr/bin/sessreg -a -w
/var/run/utmp -x "/var/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h ""-l ":0" "antonio"
/usr/bin/ssh-agent: error while loading shared libraries:
libcrypto.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

What shall I do?? Re-install might be the fastest option....

Any comment welcome
That error message seems to suggest that you still have the FC4
openssh-clients package, as FC5's version of /usr/bin/ssh-agent is
linked against libcrypto.so.6.

I'd try booting to runlevel 3 and doing a "yum update"

Paul.