To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 2:48 AM
Subject: Re: NO Sound on Dell. Intel sound experts available?

Does this work with headphones?

I needed to play with the IECXXX and External Amplifier mixer switches before getting sound out of the main speakers on my dell.

Simon

Mark wrote:
This must be something simple but I can figure it out yet.
I have no sound on my laptop when doing the sound test in
system-config-sound or with "play info.wav"

Dell 1300 laptop with FC5

lspci shows:
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6
Family) High  Definition Audio Controller (rev 03)

modprobe.conf shows:
alias eth0 b44
alias snd-card-0 snd_intel8x0m
#alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-hda-intel index=0
remove snd-hda-intel { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1
|| : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-hda-intel

I have seen posts where you must mute the input or something in
alsamixer but I cant do that.  When I run alsamixer I have 4 fields
( master, pcm, capture, input so ) and capture or input so cannot be
muted ( m to mute )

Any thoughts on what I can try?

Thanks in advance