Re: FC5 - good when installed, difficult to install

Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:
I take it that you can install from CD, hard drive and possibly iso files also. This is from memory and I have not tried to install a non-development version. I may be wrong on some points listed above.
There may be a document somewhere. I do not know of one though.

The boot.iso supports ftp, http, nfs , cdrom and hd installs. For hd installs , I only used them with isos on a fat32 / ext3 partition, but I believe you can put the exploded iso on a fat32/ext3 filesystem.

--
Pedro Macedo

Thanks Pedro,

I never used the hd install option from the boot.iso. The times that I installed was from a constantly changing source and had no iso files and exploding them would be a lot of duplication for downloading. I installed off of en ext3 partition containing the distro isos but used the first installation CD to do so.

Jim

--
Windows: an Unrecoverable Acquisition Error!