page fault death

   Help please!,
My laptop is still dead. It page faults in 'make udev' when I try to boot FC5. Typically the routine name:

show_trace_log_lvl

  is seen in the traceback; eip deference error may be reported.
WWW searching suggest a memory chip error, but I have two other systems
on the same machine which work perfectly.
Using the rescue disk I removed udev and yum installed it, also tried selinux and prunning /etc/fstab. No change.
   Is there a way to mass-verify all rpms? or what else can I try?

     Bill