Re: Removing packages

Ali Helmy wrote:
If you are using fedora 5, than use redhat's new graphical frontend to
yum, pirut (should say something like 'Add/Remove Software' in the
menu). Just go to search and type in the apps you want to get rid of,
and select them for removal.

When I start pirut from the menu, it loads a window that says retireving system information, then after a little while displays an error: Unable to retrieve system information, then exits

I will try the rpm whay offered by Gordon, but I dunno what wrong with pirut... any ideas?

On 26/03/06, *Gordon Messmer* <yinyang@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:yinyang@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Ali Helmy wrote:

    > So how exactly do I list find and list all their rpms so that I can
    > remove them using rpm?

    Determine the path:
    $ which epiphany

    Determine the package:
    $ rpm -qf `which epiphany`

    Remove the package:
    $ yum remove `rpm -qf \`which epiphany\``