Re: A little Samba help please

>First step in diagnosing whether or not a problem is SELinux is to try:
>
># setenforce 0
>
>If the problem goes away then it's SELinux. If not, look elsewhere for
>the problem.
>
>Paul.

Paul:

Thanks for your reply.  I worked on it some more last night and found
a relavent article somewhere on the net.   The article said when
creating share files with the gui samba control program that since
FC4 it didn't set the selinux context correctly.  So I set the
directory to system_u:object_r:samba_share_t.  It works fine now.
Both directions.  I do have a question though, who should own the
share directory.  When root owned it it didn't work but I changed the
owner to nobody it worked.

Thanks,

--
Knute Johnson