Re: If Some Brave Soul Tries a Yum Update to FC5 . . .

I guess I didn't pray hard enough... <g>

I did all the steps noted in the yum upgrade mini's and it cranked for the better part of the day... that worked until an xorg package complained about an unresolved dependency and it quit. When I rpm -e the offending package and cranked it back up again it complains that I don't have /bin/sh /bin/addgroup /bin/adduser...
which are actually there in /bin    I checked.

I cranked it back up again, and it thinks everything has been installed!! <boggles>
yum refuses to upgrade anymore. So, I yum cleared everything and re-ran upgrade, it still thinks everything has been done and quit. Any ideas on how to refreshen yum into beleiving this machine still has FC4 installed? I am baffled completely. Thanx for any advice. Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/