Re: Firefox requires forced refreshments

On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 18:31 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:

> I have noticed that often I have to refresh Firefox to access to some
> web-sites. A similar problem occurs with yum, i.e., I have connection
> problems with the repositories. How can I fix it?

The things that spring first to mind are:

The website has some really stupid HTTP expiry header values.
Your ISP forces you through a transparent proxy with stupid
expiry/caching values.
A combination of the above.

There are some cryptic options to change how Firefox considers it should
use caching (always use cached, always check for newer resources, only
check for newer ones once per browsing session, etc.).  But which mode
it's in is set by a number, not a word, so I don't know which is which.
Look through the about:config options regarding "cache", then google on
how to play with the ones that you find.

Alternatively, if you're not connecting, rather than getting stale
results, it might be your DNS that you need to sort out.

I read messages from the public lists.