VI editor in xterm leaves text remnants on scroll

I'm using vi in the xterm Terminal console in FC5 Gnome Desktop.
When I'm scrolling down in a large file (/etc/passwd for example),
the last line doesn't properly clear, remnant text of the previous
line is left on the last line.

I think this is some terminal type or termcap setting issue, but
it's the core FC5 that I'm running, unmodified desktop after
installation. Here's my stty setting:

[root@nile ~]# stty
speed 38400 baud; line = 0;
eol = M-^?; eol2 = M-^?; swtch = M-^?;
ixany
[root@nile ~]# echo $TERM
xterm

It's not a biggie, but it's a nuisance.  If it's something I can
do to resolve the problem, please help.  If this is happening
on everyone else's system, a pointer to where I can report
the bug would help.

Thanks,
Khoa Ton