Re: Finding Installed Packages

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Ali Helmy wrote:

Hey mates, talking to you from FC5 :D

Anyways, I noticed after compiling a .jar, that FC5 came with the "Free
Source Foundation" of the jdk and jvm... however, I'd like to remove these,
and to install the Sun JDK & JVM...

So, any ideas how i can know which packages to un-install using yum? i mean
what command do i type to list all java related rpms?

You could "rpm -qa | grep java", or you could use the GUI software installer (under the Applications menu), or you could just leave them there and build and install the JPackage Sun rpms (jpackage.org) and use the alternatives system to select which one to use.

Thanks

--
A. Helmy

--