Re: bittorrent slow

> >Shaw Cable in Canada provides Extreme Internet in a few of the major
> >cities using Docsis modems.  This increases downloads by approx 2MB/s
> >and increases the uploads a tad I believe.  Maybe when I get a job,
> >I'll get it, first month is free!!
> >
> >I have bad luck w/ Bittorrent.  My friends seem to do okay.  I got
> >good speeds on Quake4 demo, but nothing else.  I'll seed this FC5
> >386 DVD to help out others out.  I have my uploads set to OC3 speeds
> >but am only uploading at 20KB/s?  I can do 45-50 KB/s on ftp and ssh2
> >transfers.  Any idea of how to improve speeds for uploading?

       Switch to Azureus, its fully customnizable in that regard, from the
       gui,
       on the fly.

   I emailed Shaw Cable. 20 is all I get for Bittorrent upload traffic,
   they also limit certain programs.

   Stephen

I guess they didn't limit us that much after all. I stopped and restarted after another login and I got up to 40-45KB/s uploads. Strange, but I am happy about it, like giving
back to  the community if I can.

Stephen