Re: bittorrent slow

Guy Fraser wrote:
On Wed, 2006-22-03 at 12:48 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:

On most systems the
backward link has much lower capacity than the forward link, and
having a bunch of people uploading rather than downloading
saturates the link. It amounts to a DOS attack on other users of
the link.

I have been doing this along time too, and this only applies if the back haul technology is asymmetrical. In many cases you are right, because asymmetrical technology is normally leveraged to provide more available BW for DL since that is where the largest percentage of average users require it, however most servers have the opposite requirements. I can not remember when we have ever had a back bone connection that was not symmetrical, but we

Of course, the backbone is usually symmetrical. I'm talking from
the user to the gateway.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.