Re: After installing FC5, no way to boot in FC4

Paul Smith wrote:
Dear All

I have installed FC5 on a free partition, but having FC4 installed on
a different partition. Now, I cannot boot in FC4 anymore. How can it
be fixed?

Did you install grub in the MBR for both releases, or have at least one with grub installed in the root/boot partition instead?

In the latter case, you can configure one grub to chain-load the other.

In the former case, you'll either need to manually copy grub.conf entries from FC4 into your FC5 grub.conf (and repeat this every time you get a new FC4 kernel), or you could install grub in the FC4 release's root/boot partition and have FC5 grub chain-load it, which would be a better solution.

Paul.