Re: FC5 issue with ndiswrapper

Roger Grosswiler wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I just loaded FC5 and then configured my NetGear WG511T with
ndiswrapper as is my usual process.  This worked on FC4 and FC5-T3 but
the system-config-network app can't "see" wlan0 with the latest
distro.  Additionally the ndiswrapper.ko module isn't getting loaded at
boot time.  I have it working through a script in rc5.d so I don't
think it is a physical issue -- does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, is there a reason that the kernel-devel RPM isn't on the distro?
Having to go find that made the install experience a little less than
optimal for me.

Thanks
-gc

why not using livna's ndiswrapper-packages?

HTH
Roger

Sorry for top-posting my earlier message.

I did install the packages from livna, with the same results.  For grins and giggles I copied all the files in the /etc/sysconfig/networking and network-scripts trees from my FC4 root partition into my FC5 root partition.  I don't know what application is responsible for creating these files and scripts but once I put them in place manually the system-config-network application was able to be used to deactivate eth0 and activate wlan0 at boot time.

I haven't had to do this with prior releases, in fact I didn't have this problem with the test 3 distro, so I thought I should make the community aware in case there is a bug out there somewhere.

-gc