Re: Can't open display:

Gates, Robert L . wrote:
Everyone,

I am running fedora core 5 and enjoy it so far, but need some troubleshooting advice.

I have set xhost + on the system, but the remote client still cannot open the display to my system. Which log file is logging the connection attempt and failure?

Any suggestions?

Have you enabled TCP connections to your X server in the first place?

Can't you use X forwarding through ssh from your remote client?

Paul.