Re: Dell Latitude Laptop "i" button

On 3/22/06, Michael Wiktowy <michael.wiktowy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I just installed FC5 on my old Dell Latitude C600 and so far so good. The
> LCD panel wasn't detected specifically but it picked a sane default and was
> easy to switch.
>
> The other thing that wasn't detected was the little "i" button beside the
> power button. I thought that I would be able to map it to whatever I wanted
> with the Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts but it doesn't register there
> when I attempt to assign it. Looking at dmesg after pressing it gives the
> following message:
>
> atkbd.c: Unknown key pressed (translated set 2, code 0x81 on
> isa0060/serio0).
> atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e001 <keycode>' to make it known.
>
> Which is clear enough on how to set the keycode ... it just isn't clear on
> what is a safe value to set it to. Can anyone offer me some guidance on a
> good value to pick for <keycode> that won't muck up any other key?

Look at:
  http://www.fwconsult.com/laptop-install.html (the best one, N/A for
me any more, google's cache + links in console worked)
  http://www.hep.phys.soton.ac.uk/~jhe/doc/linux-hp-zx5030EA.html
  http://folk.ntnu.no/gronslet/blog/linux-on-a-dell-x1-aka-samsung-q30
  http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=125333
and ask google :)