Re: FC5 install: Anaconda fails: "out of diskspace"

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 14:58 -0500, Mark W. Jeanmougin wrote:
> On 3/21/06, Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If you switch to one of the text console windows (3 I think, maybe
> > Ctrl-Alt-F3), you may get an indication in anaconda's log as to where
> > the space problem is.
>
> Paul,
>
> I'm also having the disk space problem.  I find your note helpful, but
> where is Anaconda's log file?

What I meant was that anaconda logs messages to one of the virtual
consoles (VC3 I think), which you can access using Ctrl-Alt-F3.
Similarly, there's access to a shell on VC2 IIRC (Ctrl-Alt-F2).
Ctrl-Alt-F7 should return you to the graphical installer.

What I've done in the past when having disk space issues is to open the
shell window, do a chroot /mnt/sysimage and remove some large packages
until I've got enough space. Unfortunately the FC5 installer isn't
giving the option of trying again, and requires a reboot when it detects
a space issue.

Paul.