Re: RAID 0+1 (Problem)

Hello...

> ECJ wrote:
>>
>> It's actually what my boss wants: Create 2 RAID0s and combine them into
>> RAID1 (mirrored stripe). Any ideas what went wrong?
>
> Your boss shouldn't be making implementation decisions.  If you mirror
> striped volumes, then you have to rebuild an entire half of the mirror
> when you replace a disk.
>
> On a 4 disk array it shouldn't matter much, but I wouldn't be surprised
> if it doesn't work because that's not considered the "right" way to do
> things.
>
> I recommend at least *trying* to create a set of mirrored volumes and
> then striping them, to see if that configuration works.
>
> --

The first time, I did RAID0 first and then combined them into RAID1. Did
not work. After a reboot, the mirrored stripe array disappeared.
The second time, I did RAID1 and combined them into RAID0. After reboot,
the same thing happened, the striped mirror disappeared.
How can I ever create a RAID10? I'm giving myself one more day to make
this work. After that, it's RAID5 for me. Please help anyone...

Cheers,

Edward