Re: RAID 0+1 (Problem)

ECJ wrote:

It's actually what my boss wants: Create 2 RAID0s and combine them into
RAID1 (mirrored stripe). Any ideas what went wrong?

Your boss shouldn't be making implementation decisions. If you mirror striped volumes, then you have to rebuild an entire half of the mirror when you replace a disk.

On a 4 disk array it shouldn't matter much, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work because that's not considered the "right" way to do things.

I recommend at least *trying* to create a set of mirrored volumes and then striping them, to see if that configuration works.