Re: De-activate a swap partition - I don't believe it!

From: "Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Monday 20 March 2006 16:46, Gordon Messmer wrote:
Anne Wilson wrote:
Rebooting didn't help.  During bootup it reported

I/O error on device hdb, logical block 0.
Well, that probably means that the drive has a bad sector in a very
unlucky spot.

I'm sure that's no relief to you, but I was worried for a minute that I
shouldn't use gparted in the future. ;)

I've heard it recommended so often that it can't be so very bad, but I must admit I would be worried about using it again.

Anne

Anne,
What is it with you and drives with the first sector going bad?
This is the second one you have run into is a couple of months!
Did you ever get the data off the one from your friend?

First sector not bad. "hdb" instead of "/dev/hdb" is bad.
{^_-}