Re: nfs question, where to take it?

On Monday 20 March 2006 11:52, Gene Heskett wrote:
>Greetings;
>
>Pursuant to someones saying that that had to make the nfs stuff into
>modules before it would work, I tried that since in 5 years of
>intermittent trying I've never been able to make nfs work here and
> I've been building it into the kernel all this time.
>
>After modularizing the whole thing, the errors would appear to have
> gone away, possibly replaced with others, but it looks a lot more
> promising than before.  However I don't see anything in the
> /proc/fs/nfsd/exports file so somethings not setup right yet...
>
>So what list is the best one to go begging for help with this?

I know, its considered "poor form" to answer ones own posts, but that
WAS the answer to all my nfs problems, I can now mount an internal dir
to a /mnt mountpoint and do an ls on it.

So the answer if all else NFS wise fails is to make all the nfs stuff
modules, it simply doesn't work if built into the kernel.

Go figure.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: