Re: De-activate a swap partition - I don't believe it!

Gordon Messmer wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
>> Rebooting didn't help.  During bootup it reported
>>
>> I/O error on device hdb, logical block 0.
>
> Well, that probably means that the drive has a bad sector in a very
> unlucky spot.
>
> I'm sure that's no relief to you, but I was worried for a minute that I
> shouldn't use gparted in the future. ;)

You may be able to get the drive to remap it using the diagnostics
off of the Ultimate Boot CD. If so, you can try testdisk again after
that. It should have gotten remapped automatically, but maybe the
boot sector is treated differently because it contains the partition
table, and is seldom written to...

Mikkel